Our Story

Commuters might think they’ve gone back in time when they step off a train and come face-to-face with the resurrection of this old Adelaide Railway Station space. Originally known as the Overland Dining Hall, the historic 1928 venue is now known as the new local  bar, The Guardsman.

The classic 1920s facade – facing out to the railway station concourse – welcomes patrons with a shopfront cafe and bar either side of two neo-classical columns and era-specific typography and signage.
Once inside, the original jarrah flooring and green and gold leather booths make way for a stone-top central bar with wood
panelling and brass finishing and an open kitchen to one side.